Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Alan Dershowitz: New York Times ignoring me because 'I don't have the right point of view'

Via Billy

Image result for Alan Dershowitz: New York Times ignoring me because 'I don't have the right point of view'

Alan Dershowitz recently tried to publish an opinion piece in The New York Times that President Trump likely did not attempt to obstruct justice by firing former FBI Director James Comey.

But Dershowitz told the Washington Examiner over the phone on Monday that the Times had "no response" to his submission.

The widely known legal commentator and cable news fixture said he remains a "liberal Hillary Clinton supporter," but said after reading an op-ed in the Times that argued Trump could be charged for criminal conduct in Comey's firing, he reached out in June to the paper to present an opposing view.

"I said that I thought the readers of the New York Times were entitled to hear or read the other side of the issue whether there were crimes committed," said Dershowitz, a professor emeritus of Harvard Law School. "And I really do think The New York Times does not want its readers to hear an alternative point of view on the issue of whether or not Trump administration is committing crimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment