Tuesday, July 18, 2017

17 Year Old Fires Gun At Intruder: 'I didn't want him back'

Via Billy


17-year-old Kimber Wood stepped up to a situation that would have paralyzed others.

It's an unbelievable story that started as a pursuit with Spokane County Sheriff's deputies. They made a traffic stop in North Spokane County, but they driver they were stopping took off. Deputies spent hours looking for him, and we reported that on the Wake Up Show Monday morning. It turns out Wood's boyfriend was watching our newscast.

He called her to say there may be a bad guy in her neighborhood.

"You heart feels like it is going out of its chest," Wood said. "I couldn't breath well but I knew I had to."

They say your gut is your strongest muscle and that rang true for Wood Monday morning.

"I was laying in bed watching TV and my boyfriend called my parents. They warned me."

So she asked her dad for a gun, put it under her pillow and went back to sleep. Until she heard the screen door open.

More with video @ KHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment