Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Winning the War Against “Radical Islam” & Why We Are Currently Losing

Via Mike

 Winning the War Against “Radical Islam”

Of the eight years I spent in the U.S. Air Force, I spent the first three as an intelligence officer assigned to Strategic Air Command Headquarters near Omaha, Nebraska. For the first year, I was one of less than a dozen Second Lieutenants assigned to a base with 23 general officers, about 180 full colonels, and over 800 lieutenant colonels or their equivalent U.S. Navy or British Royal Air force ranks. They were from all the U.S. services and included RAF intelligence officers and three RAF bomber crews. My specialty was photo-radar intelligence. This was during the infancy of satellite intelligence and the early years of computer and missile technology. I didn’t always appreciate it, but I could not have had a more interesting job. Although my specialty was photo intelligence, it required a great deal of collaborating intelligence to figure out what the Russians and Chinese were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment