Wednesday, July 20, 2016

NC: Ruger Hiring, Expanding Despite (Because of?) Recent National Violence

 http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TWCNews/ruger_png?fmt=png-alpha&

A North Carolina gun manufacturer continues its rapid expansion, hiring for more than 100 new jobs.

Kenneth Butchee was one of more than 300 job applicants that lined up outside Goodwill's Career Center in Mayodan, hoping to land a job at Ruger's manufacturing plant just up the road.

"I coached at Morehead High School the last two years, and I feel if I got a job at Ruger, it would be a better career opportunity for me and my family,” he said.

Goodwill partnered with the company to host a job fair Tuesday.

"Over the next two years, we'll be increasing our head count by about 175 people,” said Ruger’s HR manager, Cig Milks. “Positions that we're trying to fill are CNC operators, maintenance technicians and tool and die makers."

More @ Time Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment