Saturday, June 18, 2016

My Most Memorable Flag Purchase

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi9t0_iKRQcrJ4bAw8WDbKuk6KAzH2bQravEV93T6hLOgQKv9Npesw_Kk05N58tkwMLCC4wN8YxerGRVs5EMUhoA8DX1yqpYl5wN86nmuwIS7GrApqk86qDl07QEqMolyyTKfMboAyIsAhx/s1600/Charlotte+Flags.JPG

When I recently drove to North Carolina I knew it would be a unique and memorable experience. I was unprepared for the genuine acts of kindness, the high level of character, and the southern pride I had the pleasure to be around. I found the simplest of purchases and attendance to events to be very rewarding and great examples of class regarding southerners.

I decided to attend the 2016 Coca Cola 600, one of NASCAR's biggest races on one of the United States most sacred holiday weekends. I had already spent three hours meeting absolutely terrific people, and that was just parking my car! The following took place as I waited to cross the street in Concorde North Carolina, in front of the Charlotte Motor Speedway:

I noticed an elderly gentleman had set up a booth selling flags, and was selling all types of flags to honor Veterans for Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment