Thursday, April 21, 2016

Pat Buchanan: Future of Republican Party Belongs to the Trump Supporters

Via Billy


Pat Buchanan: The Republican Party in the Reagan era was America’s Party…
Sean Hannity: I believe that if the party does not unite behind the winner. And I mean all the 17 who began, and the rest of the party and the establishment. I think some of the establishment want to see Hillary win so they can say, “See, we told you so. You should have gone with our establishment candidate.” But, the question is, do you see them uniting in the end knowing that if they don’t Hillary Clinton is the next president?
Pat Buchanan: I think any Republican, major figure in the Republican Party who walks away, who walks away when Trump is the nominee and says, “I’m not endorsing him and I don’t really care if he loses,” is going to be just like the folks in ’64, Rockefeller and Romney, Scranton and all the rest. And after that they were ancient history, Sean. Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan went all out for Goldwater when he was 50 points behind. Nixon traveled to more states, I think, than Goldwater did.
They fought for the party and when the party went down to defeat they were right there standing with their guy. The future belonged to them, because of that and it didn’t belong to the guys who walked away and went over the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment