Wednesday, March 2, 2016

NC: An Open Letter & Open Report / Black History Month Part 6

 Dixie HK

H.L. Hunley Funeral/Parade: HK & Dixie

In the continuing effort to commemorate Black History Month, on February 17, 2016, don in the uniform of the Southern Soldier, I would post his Colors between the entrance and exit of T.C. Roberson High School ( Buncombe County, North Carolina ).

As the throng of cars entering and leaving the school would began to slow to a trickle,a Sheriff Car would pull up behind me, and two young Deputies would approach as I returned a salute from a passing car, and a wave from another from both sides of the busy four lane highway adjacent to where I stood in the public easement.

The young Black Officer would say;" Mr. Edgerton, we are not here to ask you to leave. However, we are obliged by the school to tell you not to come on school property, and we are also obliged to help you should you need that help". Stay as long as you like.

My reply as I gave them both a hand salute; God bless you men, and have a good day! And you as well, they would almost simultaneously say. And, I did so much so as I watched the spirits of the people so uplifted by my presence with the Southern Cross. Their hugs, their waves, their shouts of the Rebel Yell, the honks of their car horn, the stories they came to tell, the questions they asked.

On my birthday, February 18; the same day that the Honorable President Jefferson Davis would give his 1st Inaugural Address on the Capitol Steps in Montgomery, Alabama; I would return once again to T.C. Roberson High School to commemorate men like Dr. Alexander Darnes , Rev. Mack Lee, Robert Stover, Dick Popular. And of the love, and deep respect they and their families  shared with and for General Robert E.Lee, General Thomas Jackson, General John Hunt Morgan, General Nathan Bedford Forrest,General Kirby Smith  and so many others whose generosity and love would lead them to become giants in the legacy of Black History second to none ;no matter how much those who are delegated to present and record accurate history choose to ignore. God bless you!
                                              
Your brother,
 HK

 Honorary Life Member Arkansas Division ; Army of Trans-Mississippi
 Sons of Confederate Veterans

www.southernheritage411.com

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the young girl in the picture, I was reminded there are still young ones that appreciate their heritage such this young lady also" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jk8RttlE "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I posted this a while ago. She has a beautiful voice. Thanks.

      Delete