Friday, March 4, 2016

An Open Letter & Open Report / Black History Month Part 8

Via HK

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZlnkgPK_5Jk/maxresdefault.jpg

On Monday morning, February 22, 2016, I would don the uniform of the Southern soldier , and post his Colors in the public easement at the entrances of Enka High , and Enka Middle School in Enka,North Carolina. So doing in continuing the commemoration of Black History Month.

As I stood there waving, posing for many snapshots, returning so many greetings of love and thanks continuously for over an hour as the traffic continued to enter both sides of the roads into the schools and up and down the busy highway; suddenly a rather large and muscular White man would exit his car at the red light and at a quick gait; run in my direction.

Oh Lord was my thought! Do I go into my Kung Fu stance? He threw his arms wide open, and with a big smile on his face: Mr. HK, I love you. I was compelled to get out my car and hug you, and say thanks!

And before he could get back into his car, a rather large Black woman, who had no shoes on , ran and snatched me up, and said I had to give you some love to . Thank you baby for representing.

And then some of my babies jump out of their cars and hugged me. Even as the long line of cars now had become a trickle. I was so overwhelmed by the display of love. AS I wiped away a tear, a nice White lady pulled up, and parked her car. It has been a long time since i've seen you HK. She would hand me a biscuit ,a cup of hot coffee ,and a twenty dollar bill to help with my gas. She threw in a big hug to boot, and asked God to bless me!

Just as I began to leave, a White man would pull beside me and ask. Are you'se  proud defending that Klan flag? I told him to go on down to the bottom of the hill, make a left at the light and go in one those stores and ask for a copy of the Honorable Mike Scruggs book titled :" The Un-Civil War". And try to read the whole book before tomorrow. However, if he could not, at least read the section on the Klan.

And that he could find me the next day at the entrance to Erwin High and Erwin Middle School's in the public easement on Tuesday morning if he wanted to continue the discussion about something that he had no knowledge of. I'll do just that was his reply, and he sped away. I hope you do. You are in for a rude awakening, my Yankee friend was my thoughts. God bless you!

Your brother

HK
Honorary Member Captain E.Fletcher Satterfield Camp 852
Sons of Confederate Veterans North Carolina Division

2 comments:

  1. My Dad worked at the American Enka rayon plant. He was a lifelong Democrat and he would love HK. I wish Trump would name Jim Webb as his VP and HK to any post at all. All three are heroes of mine. Add Brock T. for SecDef. Now who would fear Putin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add Brock T. for SecDef. Now who would fear Putin?

      Ha! :) Flattery will get you everywhere.

      Delete