Saturday, December 26, 2015

Little Saigon

Too much Pho. :)



Tu Duc 1974, '52 Citroen, wig, shades, my stomach pushed out, and a funny looking cigarette. I had just gotten my car back from the paint shop. 

Larry "Corner Car' Bach.  My Citroen above had an electrical problem which was never found, for at times the motor would cut off when you turned a corner, hence the name. :)


The young man in the middle with his tie at half-mast is Aguna in 2008. His father was a junior officer in the South Vietnamese Navy and accompanied me to TSN for the evacuation flight in April 1975. My wife, one of her young brothers, two of her young sisters, and two of my daughters flew to the PI that day on a C-141 cargo plane. As we were about to leave, he asked if he could go along, and I stated that since his country was still fighting the foe, that I couldn't in good conscience allow this. Fortunately, he escaped along with his entire family as one of the "Boat People" later. Aguna was born on the boat, which was named Aguna, hence his name.

Bonnie "Blue Bach Baby" as my mother coined her is trying not to cry.:)
2009

Bonnie Blue's & Dylan's Wedding

 Aguna 2015


       The last of the family pictured. She is the smallest one in the middle dressed in white.



All of Larry's children are physicians except the youngest who is still in medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment