Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Jerry Miculek and the M44 at 200 and 300

 

******************************

 


(The one I bought in 2010) 

Izzy 1947 M44 Laminate I have a Izzy M44 1947 with laminate stock. This is a good example of Post-War improved quality rifle with higher polish bluing. Out of the pile of Mosins I have seen in the past several years, this is by far the nicest refurbish I have seen. This is an excellent shooter. I can hold about 2 inches at 50 yards off hand. You will pay for what you get here, not a junk barrel

Behind the 1943 M44, this year is the second rarest year with only ~120,000 made. It has a shiny bore and shoots great with a low wall receiver. All numbers match except floor plate has been force matched. Not counter bored. The only thing that takes a little away from this rifle is a few dings on the stock which are visible in the photos. Also by the import marks they ground off a little bluing above the markings, which is also visible in the photo. I have been meaning to put some cold blue on it but have not gotten around to it and just keep it oiled. I should have a cleaning kit and ammo pouch to go along with this rifle also.

 $150/ OBO shipped. 01/03 FFL.

14 comments:

  1. I'm very interested. I have 03 FFL. Can I get some contact info? crzydug2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's the one I bought. :) Thanks.

      "(The one I bought in 2010)"

      Delete
  2. I bought five Mosins. Lost three of them to the Wenatchee, WA fires in June. Should have bought all I could find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & the other 2 went down with your fishing boat, correct...? :)

      Delete
  3. That's a Tyrant Troubler from way back!


    Central Alabamaian

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, they were given away. Too heavy for me to handle now. Gamow pellet gun is my black rifle. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to Horace? He use to post on your site all the time.
    Also, Sioux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to say he may be no longer with us, but don't know for certain while Sioux got married.

      Delete
    2. Oh, okay. Thanks. I think Horace lived in Blk. Mtn., NC.
      Sorry to hear about Horace. Great input.

      Delete
    3. He was from NC but lived out west the last I heard and all the information I had on him is void now so I guess he is gone at 82, I believe. I tried to get him to come to the PATCONS many times although he was in frail health. :(

      Delete
    4. I remember that. I think he was wheelchair bound.

      Delete