Saturday, November 7, 2015

Why won’t the FBI show me my FBI file –as the law requires?

Via avordvet

 FBI

 

The right to inspect your own FBI file is guaranteed under the law. So why won’t the FBI show me mine, as the law requires?

 

My FBI file trail dates back to the mid 1990s. At that time, I underwent an FBI background check to obtain what’s known as a “HARD PASS” to cover the White House as a correspondent for CBS News. The FBI background check is mandatory. I passed the check and received my HARD PASS.

Years later, in 2013, I learned of the intrusion of my work and home computers. The intruders utilized software proprietary to a U.S. government agency. I knew that the FBI had contacted CBS News and confirmed the computer intrusion. I knew that FBI case workers listed me as a “victim” in the computer intrusion, even though they never contacted me to investigate or help.

No comments:

Post a Comment