Monday, September 7, 2015

NC: Stuck on Hating Whitey

Via Billy

 UNCW

**************************************

Recently, after spending three months in Colorado I returned to North Carolina to a large list of errands. The first of these errands was replacing a lost passport, which meant I had to go to the Post Office in downtown Wilmington. I rarely go downtown, largely because the area is infested with drugs and crime. Unsurprisingly, before I left the downtown area I passed a crime scene. Judging by the number of police cars I could tell it was a murder.

In addition to the things I knew there were some things I merely suspected when I happened upon that crime scene. For example, I suspected that both the perpetrator and the victim were young black males between the ages of 15 and 25. I’m not Sherlock Holmes. You don’t need to be a detective to know that black on black violence is rampant in downtown Wilmington.

It should go without saying that I was unsurprised when I watched the evening news and learned that the victim was a young black male and that a young black male suspect was already in custody. But the following statement made by Police Chief Ralph Evangelous did surprise me: “Where is the outcry in our community? God forbid it would be an officer involved in this situation, we’d have a protest.”

More @ Townhall

No comments:

Post a Comment