Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Letter From Another Good Man Calling It Quits on the Former USA and the Army

Via comment by Sioux on Bombs, Violence On Stockholm Streets As Turks And ...


This is Why Most Military Personnel Are Disarmed on Military Bases — and Its Not Clintons Fault

In response to your post “There Must Be A Reckoning” I can only say that I am also one of those who have failed to do justice. I have kept hoping that someone somewhere would notice what was going on and put a stop to it. I have also had the despairing thought of “what can I do about it? I am just one man.”

I spoke with my new Battalion commander this weekend on the subject of arming soldiers who may come under attack by Muslim fanatics. I cited 4th generation warfare theory and he agreed that there are no particular theaters of war any longer. He was at least willing to look into the idea of soldiers defending themselves. The past three officers I have questioned about this have always put their careers before the lives of their men.

They have made the calculation that it is more likely that a soldier will fire a round into the floor, ceiling, himself, or another by accident than a Fanatic or terrorist will attack and kill their soldiers and the former situation would be detrimental to their career while the latter would not because in the latter case they were ‘just following orders’ or ‘did all that they could.’

More @ Barnhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment