Thursday, July 9, 2015

Let tomorrow always be another day in memory of Confederate War Dead

Via LH


The House having voted to ban the display of Confederate flags at historic federal cemeteries in the Deep South is the equivalent of robbing dead Confederate soldiers of their patriot status, condemning their memories forever in absentia and even desecrating their graves.

It is akin to ruthlessly tearing out pages from the history book of time; bequeathing an unforgivable denial to up and coming generations born with an unalienable right to explore every era of their nation’s past.

Banning the display of Confederate flags on the final resting places of Confederate soldiers is like plunging a rusty sword into the hearts of the great great grandchildren who remember their fallen with pride.

Ruthless, vote-pandering politicians of the day have proven they will exploit anything even all of life’s memories, a century after death:

9 comments:

  1. We are being purged. The commies continue with their ethnic cleansing. All vestiges of the Confederacy are to be erased. All honor and dignity of our ancestors is to be destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the DEAD Confederates they need to be concerned about; it's the ones that are still LIVING.

    The War was never over....it's just been waiting for the curtain to rise on Act 2... Scene 1.

    The background scenery is about in place and the actors who had to change outfits for Act 2 are readying to take the stage.........

    It's just been Intermisson for the last 150 years.....

    I hope everybody has plenty of food and drink on hand, because Act 2 promises to deliver a lot of audience participation,...wanted to, or not.

    ( Central Alabamaian all my life, but no matter where I find myself.......Southerner to the day I die.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do it anyway and I would bring as many people as I could gather and I would make a big stinking fuss. I am so furious over this. As for those people in southern city councils who want to exhume Confederate soldiers from their cemeteries I hope the posterity of those soldiers and the citizens raise up and give them hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If any of our heroes are exhumed that means some empty graves are left. What shall we fill them with? I have a few suggestions......
      Red in OleVirginny

      Delete
    2. I will second that with a Hear! Hear!

      Delete