Sunday, July 19, 2015

Excerpts from emails with a friend.

Via WRSA

 http://fineartphotographysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/vietnam-war-photography.jpg

The correspondence below was a private email exchange between myself and another veteran. Names or other identifying data have been pulled to respect his privacy. His words are in italics, and mine in normal font. He is old enough to be my grandfather, and I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself in military terms.

Any spelling errors are there because they were there when we hit "send" to push that email through cyberspace. I hadn't planned on sharing any of this, but if it can help someone you know, please share.

*****************

HIS email.

I've become so cynical, that all I see is another marketeer pushing his product . . . be nice if it were true, but they ARE actors, after all.  Pretense is their stock in trade. 

As it was over there, Believe Nothing!  Nothing is Real. The weight of this rifle, the load on my back and the stink of the unburied dead.  That's real.

2 comments:

  1. I think the most common written history of VN will not change anytime soon...we are outnumbered by the dodgers. It is why I understand the war of northern aggression as well as I do. Perhaps someday it will change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and maybe the same time as the info on MLK is revealed. :)

    ReplyDelete