Friday, July 24, 2015

Cultural Marxist assault on the South

Via Billy

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgudiFA33lAdytLI5orSeWOkSrTyJuGB9xzaEado0iGVGgMUltlrHTzFsbIWOl0UC8rlAzBMy6bsHbmyxSnovMAMYKF7DeMrdoY7M5fJPGGFg_TNS9SFH6A41hXVrMRpgZ1JMl_kGxOUOxW/s1600/imagesIP57WY3T.jpg

Recently I pulled a book off my bookshelf entitled Embattled Banner written by Don Hinkle. It was originally published in 1997 and went through three printings, the last being, to my knowledge, in 1999. As I browsed through it, I noted that apparently I had never read it before. There was nothing underlined, and no notations for pages marked off at the front of the book. At this point I have no idea where I got it (probably at a conference somewhere) or when.

As I got into it, and it is worth the read if you can still find one, I could see that Mr. Hinkle was dealing with how the religious and political left sought to attack the Confederate battle flag and Confederate symbols in general back in the 1990s. They usedthe same Maexist “Critical Theory” techniques they are us. 

2 comments:

  1. White privilege has always been a strange way to refer to white achievement.

    Most of white privilege refers to the natural things that occur in nations where a race is the majority/founding nation. Of course whites are going to receive preferential treatment in nations they've built or are the majority in. Do leftists make a ruckus about Japanese privilege in Japan? Where are the movements to demand more white faces in Nigerian media? The uproar regarding "White Privilege" is just an extension of the demand of "diversity" which is only demanded of white majority regions.

    ReplyDelete