Thursday, May 21, 2015

Militarization Is More Than Tanks and Rifles: It’s a Cultural Disease, Acclimating the Citizenry to Life in a Police State

Via avordvet

 http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/9e/80/cd9e8025981356d6c74f3dd2c1f3d0c1.jpg
“If we’re training cops as soldiers, giving them equipment like soldiers, dressing them up as soldiers, when are they going to pick up the mentality of soldiers? If you look at the police department, their creed is to protect and to serve. A soldier’s mission is to engage his enemy in close combat and kill him. Do we want police officers to have that mentality? Of course not.”— Arthur Rizer, former civilian police officer and member of the military
Talk about poor timing. Then again, perhaps it’s brilliant timing.

Only now—after the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security (DHS) and Defense have passed off billions of dollars worth of military equipment to local police forces, after police agencies have been trained in the fine art of war, after SWAT team raids have swelled in number to more than 80,000 a year, after it has become second nature for local police to look and act like soldiers, after communities have become acclimated to the presence of militarized police patrolling their streets, after Americans have been taught compliance at the end of a police gun or taser, after lower income neighborhoods have been transformed into war zones, after hundreds if not thousands of unarmed Americans have lost their lives at the hands of police who shoot first and ask questions later, after a whole generation of young Americans has learned to march in lockstep with the government’s dictates—only now does President Obama lift a hand to limit the number of military weapons being passed along to local police departments.

Not all, mind you, just some.

Talk about too little, too late.

6 comments:

  1. What Arthur Rizer forgets about the "mentality of soldiers" is that they are supposed to NOT obey an unlawful/illegal order.

    Do the cops learn that at the academy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEY are after the Vets as of now. The Vets are on a RedList. Many of the
    Confederation of Clubs are Vets. There are 23 million Vets in this country. A great threat to their agenda. This is what one Vet said regarding this that happened to him:
    Concerning your story about Vets being on a list, I can confirm that I (as a Vet) have been contacted by FBI posing as “hunters” while I was working on my property near a county road. After intro, they started asking about militias in my area & I denied knowing such goings on. My phone has been monitored & my email account has had attempted “hacks”. I thought I was being singled out for my former skills or just plain paranoid, but after meeting with other Vets I know in surrounding counties, they have had even more unusual contacts with strangers suspected of being “Feds”. My being under scrutiny happened when I received the new “Veterans Choice” Medical Benefits card. I called the 1-866 phone number to activate the card. They lady on other end TOLD me where I was calling from & she just “verified” I was who I was (go figure that). Other Vets around here experienced the same. That’s when the phone monitoring & Gucci-flauge guys started showing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great threat to their agenda.

      As well they should.

      ========================

      My being under scrutiny happened when I received the new “Veterans Choice” Medical Benefits card. I called the 1-866 phone number to activate the card. They lady on other end TOLD me where I was calling from & she just “verified” I was who I was (go figure that). Other Vets around here experienced the same.

      I didn't have that experience, but am not a biker. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Inquiring minds want to know:
    http://govtslaves.info/feds-are-now-questioning-individuals-about-how-much-they-know-about-jade-helm-15/

    ReplyDelete