Thursday, April 9, 2015

NC: Vietnam veteran comes home to rest after nearly 45 years

Via Michael

http://vietnamveterannews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/286.jpg

After almost 45 years, a Vietnam War veteran came home to rest.

Army Sergeant Bunyan Durant Price Jr. was declared "Missing In Action" in Cambodia in 1970, and remained that way since. His body was returned to his family in Gastonia Thursday.

It was a day of mixed emotions for relatives. Price's nephew told WBTV the family is feeling happiness and sadness. They're also relieved that the soldier will finally get a proper burial.

"Today was really sad," said Sgt. Price's sister, Brenda Harris, "But it brought closure for me."

Sgt. Price's two other sisters agreed. "There were times I thought he was alive, but there were also times I thought he was dead," said Arvonia England.

"He was our hero," said Wanda Hanley.

The fallen veteran's nephew, Harley Walker Jr. said, "My uncle was a real good person. He was caring, and he would do anything for you."

More @ WBTV

3 comments:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home brother.

    ReplyDelete