Friday, March 6, 2015

The 68 US women killed during Vietnam


 
CIVILIAN Evelyn Anderson was from Quincy, MA. Photo donated by Task Force Omega, Inc.

CIVILIAN Beatrice Kosin hailed from Fort Washakie, WY. Photo donated by Task Force Omega, Inc.

Both of these women were members of the Christian Missions of Many Lands. They were captured in Kengkok, Laos on 27 Oct along with Lloyd Oppel and Samuel Mattix. The men were taken north but the women were tied together and burned to death on or about 2 Nov. They were listed as POW-MIA for several years until the house they were kept in was located. Their remains were recovered and returned to their families. 


 http://www.nooniefortin.com/images/TwilaDonelsonStatue.jpg
 http://www.nooniefortin.com/images/TwilaDonelsonMarker.JPG

 Twila Donelson

 In the early afternoon of the day of the C5A flight, Twila entered the doorway of my office at DAO (Defense Attache Office of the American Embassy) TSN and stated that she was leaving shortly to accompany the orphans and would not be back. She stated how sorry she was that I wouldn't be going. I don't recollect what I said, but she turned to go out the door, then paused, turned around, looked at me, but without saying anything more, left. I could see the sadness that had enveloped her face, and detected tears in her eyes. A few hours later, she was dead.

4 comments:

  1. I never heard about them before, and can't understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real heroes who willingly sacrificed themselves for the innocent.
    Not like the 'heroes' they pull out of some comic book today.
    I hope the cowards who killed them are rotting in where they came from, Hell.
    Bless their hearts for their goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cowards who killed them are rotting

      I wish they were in my room.

      Delete