Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sheriff Says He Was Shocked When Group of Judges Told Him They Wanted This Display Out of Courthouse

Via Joe


(Source: WTKR)


Hanging on the wall inside a Portsmouth, Virginia, courthouse is an American flag display made out of old fire hoses. The flag contains a sign below it that reads, “A Tribute to Public Safety.”

So it’s not surprising that Portsmouth Sheriff Bill Watson says he was shocked when a group of judges apparently told him they not only wanted him to take the flag off the wall in the lobby, they wanted it removed from the courthouse entirely.

“I just can’t believe that they don’t want to display the American flag in a courthouse, I mean that’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard in my life,” the sheriff told WTKR-TV.

He continued:

More @ The Blaze

14 comments:

  1. My previous comment applies here just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be interested in a reciprocal link exchange with Common Cents??
    You can find CC at the below link:
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many (if not most) Judges are pathetic examples of American patriots. Hence, the reason why the last place one can expect to find justice is in a courtroom. Many will not be around to witness the second coming of Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commies came out of the closet when Obama was elected.

      Delete
  4. I find this disrespectful to the American flag. Look at the star pattern, totally wrong. The addition of the "thine blue line" is a violation flag etiquette and probably the flag code.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand removing it. The placard Sheriff Watson has is not a flag. It is an art memorial to represent a flag that has been bastardized. Remove the "black and blue" stripe and replace it with the appropriate white stripe and the sheriff has a case. As it stands the modification to "The Flag" is an abomination and against proper flag decorum and needs to be removed. This so called flag is right up there with the rainbow stripped flag the gay AF Airman had to remove from her front porch a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt seriously if that's why they told him to remove it, though.

      Delete
    2. As a veteran, I am more offended by this art being called the flag than I am about the photographer who took a picture of the baby in the flag hammock. I find that offensive to the flag as well but to a lesser degree. I learned proper respect for the flag when I was in the Boy Scouts. It got reinforced with my service to this country. It saddens me that we have public officials and military veterans that do not know the correct way to handle "art" vs. the American Flag.

      Delete
    3. A different world than the one I knew, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. BUT, I'd bet a months pay that the very folks would have zero problems with displaying the faggot flag (rainbow) to how diverse and tolerant of they are of the sexual perverts

    ReplyDelete