Monday, January 19, 2015

Top 5 .45s for Home Defense

 There may be no better bedside friend than the Glock 21. Seen here with a mounted Streamlight TLR-2 and extra ammo, it's ready to defend hearth and home.

Not too long ago, I offered up my Top 5 .45’s for concealed carry. Not everyone agreed with my choices, and there were a lot of great comments and reader suggestions. That got me thinking about concealed carry being only one of the purposes for a good .45 ACP handgun, and how different uses can often mean different choices. If you follow my YouTube channel, you probably know that I have an affinity for the John Moses Browning cartridge. So, if you’re interested in using this superior ballistic wonder to defend your home and family, I offer my Top Five. One more note before I start – just to be considered for this list, I had to feel the gun was 110% reliable with proper maintenance and good ammo. So that’s a given for all of them.

More @ Guns America

4 comments:

  1. It wouldn't be ACP for me. I have not found a 1911 style 45ACP that didn't pinch or hurt my hand when I shot it. My father loved the 1911. I tried all that he owned and I have bought a few myself but the 1911 45ACP is just not for me. The Glock 36 in 45ACP is a fine gun but only has 6 +1 shots. I have the Glock 37 45GAP that holds 10 +1 that pulls duty as a home defense weapon. It is going to be tough to beat a Glock on reliability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I have a 21 and a 30. The 21 is a little too big for my hand, but the 30 is perfect and holds 10 + 1, but you can use the 21 13 rounder in them also.

      Delete
  2. Whatever Miss Kimber 1911 cant knock down Mr Winchester Marine with #4 Buckshot will. Good enough for my humble abode.

    ReplyDelete