Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New police radars can 'see' inside homes

Via LH


At least 50 U.S. law enforcement agencies have secretly equipped their officers with radar devices that allow them to effectively peer through the walls of houses to see whether anyone is inside, a practice raising new concerns about the extent of government surveillance.

Those agencies, including the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service, began deploying the radar systems more than two years ago with little notice to the courts and no public disclosure of when or how they would be used. The technology raises legal and privacy issues because the U.S. Supreme Court has said officers generally cannot use high-tech sensors to tell them about the inside of a person's house without first obtaining a search warrant.

More with video@ USA Today

10 comments:

  1. i don't mind them seeing what they can see using any spectrum they like. i draw the line at irradiating my home and family from one side so that they can see through the other side.

    Implied is that I reserve the right to do the same to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why would they worry about a search warrant. it just gets in the way of their persecution of honest law-abiding citizens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faraday cage time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that there was any doubt before
    ..but the republic is dead

    ReplyDelete
  5. So they wanna see my butt cheeks flap together whilst I rip a big one? Sick bastards! I have an old Amana microwave oven, I wonder what would happen if I gut it, remove the microwave horn and power supply and aim that back at their toy? I think I could fun with that...

    ReplyDelete