Sunday, January 18, 2015

Interstate 84 semi-truck crash: Crushed by 2 big rigs, he walks out with 2 Band-Aids

Via Sioux

 http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/width620/img/oregonian/photo/2015/01/17/16799274-large.jpg

Sometimes the picture says it all.

For Kaleb Whitby, the picture says a little too much.

He'd rather not think about it — the semi-trucks flattening his Chevy Silverado like a panini press.

Amid the tangled steel after the predawn crash near Baker City sat Whitby: intact, trapped and full of questions.

"Thank God that I'm still alive," Whitby said. "Now I've got to go figure out why."

More with pictures @ Oregon Live

6 comments:

  1. As an old fire instructor that I had that used to say...God allots a certain amount of "Luck Chips" when you're born. How you spend or use those chips determines how long you'll be here. Looks like he used up a ton of those chips here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, he better stay in bed the rest of his life. :)

      Delete
  2. I drive through Baker City all the time, twisty mountain grades, and tricky driving in the winter months. That man is a living miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn truck drivers...

    Old Dominion (O.D. = overdose) and FedEx rigs? Figures. I try to stay away from both.

    Both companies employ semi "drivers" who drive balls to the wall in slick conditions. I can't tell you how many times I've been overtaken by both, and later on down the road seen them upside down in a ditch.

    Made me giggle every time.

    ReplyDelete