Friday, December 12, 2014

The Worst “Less Lethal” Force Idea, Ever?


It has got my vote.

San Diego-based Alternative Ballistics has introduced one of the most terrifying “less lethal” alternatives I’ve ever seen, called “The alternative.”

The single-use device is kept in a pouch on an officer’s duty belt, and when the officer runs into an encounter where lethal force is authorized, but not desired, he can then grab the device from the pouch mounted on his support-hand side, and slide the entire device over the muzzle of his duty weapon.

The device itself consists of a clear plastic “docking station” that slides on to the end of the gun, and the projectile, which looks roughly like a clown’s nose.

More @ Bearing Arms

2 comments:

  1. I don't think so. Not in a life and death situation. Why not use a laser and burn
    the hell out of them but not in a lethal way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) No, when I said 'It has got my vote' I meant that it was 'The Worst “Less Lethal” Force Idea, Ever?'

      Delete