Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The New Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle Composite Models

 RugerSyntheticScoutFeatured

There I was, lying on the ground, snugged up into the sling and looking through the 2.5 power scope as the target came into view at exactly 200 yards. As I pressed gently on the trigger the rifle bucked and I heard the bullet impact the target as I ran the bolt to chamber another round, fired again, then yet again. In less than 10 seconds three bullets had smacked into the steel target, printing a 2½ inch group. Okay, I guess this little rifle shoots.

More @ DRTV

*************************
 hh

The New Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 Bolt Rifle – Full Review

 Ruger first announced its Gunsite Scout rifle at SHOT Show in 2011. We here at Guns America did a review of it back when it first came out. You can find that here. Since then Ruger has come out with a couple of different versions. This is the newest one, and we got to put it through its paces before it hit the streets, just in time for today’s launch. As you will see below, I am impressed.

More @ Guns America

6 comments:

  1. Slowly but surely, all of the stuff I own is becoming ruger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Scout. There is a wheelchair bound young man here who buys one of everything Ruger makes. If I had the money I would like to collect all carbines.

      Delete
  2. Got one. But only 200 yds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine. That's why I have it. It's not exactly that model. (slightly more advanced) But the caliber is the same. :) I still prefer that over the new, improved, calibers and weapon systems. A matter of preference. Also don't have the 24K into it that the new one's cost. AND that buys lots of ammo! Have you seen the new stuff?

      Delete
    2. only 200 yds?

      I thought you meant that you do well at further distances.

      =============

      still prefer that over the new, improved, calibers and weapon systems. Have you seen the new stuff?

      Yes and I don't think you can go wrong with Ruger.

      Delete