Thursday, December 18, 2014

Muzzleloader Explodes Like Grenade, Takes Off Shooter’s Fingers

 boomgun

Most black powder muzzleloaders come with instructions that emphatically warn you to not use anything other than black powder, and any seasoned shooter will tell you that swapping powders can be a recipe for disaster. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources recently put up a photo of a completely shattered muzzleloader on its Law District 7 Facebook page. According to officials, this was one accident was not caused by a malfunction, but rather a lapse in judgement. The incident occurred in Martin County, where an unidentified man poured smokeless powder into a black powder-only muzzleloader. What resulted was the firearm exploding like a grenade and ripping off the man’s fingers.

More @ Outdoor Hub

12 comments:

  1. I can remember my old man making fun of Martin County...which in itself is amusing because he was born and raised in Lawrence County, which is the next county over...and is as backwater as any other southern Indiana county!

    Neither one ain't got nuthin' on us Marion County boys. We is all urban metropolitan and sophisticated and junk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We is all urban metropolitan and sophisticated and junk...

      Ha!

      Delete
  2. I have been shooting all types of firearms for over 55 years. I used to make blackpowder for my dad when I was a kid as he was too cheap to buy it. If I had done something like this my dad would have cut more than my finger off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dad would have cut more than my finger off!

      I bet. :)

      Delete
  3. CVA Has a demonstration video on you tube showing the consequences of using smokless powder in a black powder muzzle loader. I guess this guy never saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder whom he voted for in the last election???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Barokeback Obola and i approve this massage.....Enjoy suckers, It's warm here in my birth state, see you next year, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps what's black powder?????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we almost had a nominee for a Darwin award in Indiana. :)

    ReplyDelete