Monday, December 8, 2014

M1A Sniper – On the Cheap, or All the Way?

The M1A's most classic scope is the Leatherwood, a copy of which we have recently reviewed. It is a cumbersome scope but really nifty, and not expensive right now.

With Christmas approaching, it is a great time to think about all of those upgrades to your guns you have been thinking about. One I have been considering for some time is putting a scope mount on my M1A, but my assumptions were that it was both expensive and difficult, requiring a gunsmith. Turns out I was wrong on both counts. There are expensive options and inexpensive options for installing a rear scope mount on the M1A, and they work equally as well. I tried both the official Springfield Armory mount, as well as a couple exact copies, as well as a new design from UTG. They all worked, and some better than others.

6 comments:

  1. For paper punching, open sites all the way. If you want a war-fighter, either get the steel mount and throw a 6x ACOG on it or drop the action/barrel into a chassis and put a variable on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on your coin. I have a Federal Ordnance I bought in '87 for 450.00 and a match grade Springfield I paid 1k for. Both shoot well and won't sell either. Buy it how you want it .. You can't go wrong either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadlak. Good products,made in USA.....http://sadlak.com/si_rifle_parts_main.html

    ReplyDelete