Monday, December 1, 2014

FASTER, PLEASE: Another City Forced to Obey the Bill of Rights

Via III Percent Patriots


Park City, Utah, officials were the latest in a series of local governments that have been forced to respect the Constitution by the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).   SAF has run up an impressive number of legal wins to protect second amendment rights.   It has become the ACLU of the gun culture.

In the Park City case, the city had adopted local laws in direct violation of the second amendment and Utah state preemption law.

The city law prohibited all use and possession of firearms; all carrying of concealed weapons; carrying of loaded guns inside a vehicle; showing a gun in an angry or threatening manner (no exceptions for justified use of force); and using a gun in a fight.

A city hall attorney, Tricia Lake, was clear about the illegality of the city's law.  From parkrecord.com:


4 comments:

  1. Makes me all the more pleased with my decision to switch donations and whatnot from the NRA to the SAF. I'm a lifer in the NRA and they get their fair share of my money mind you, but the SAF has been awesomely active and aggressive with things like this and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed this law was passed in Utah, of all places. I expect that the politicians who have now been slapped down may pay a price at the next election.

    ReplyDelete