Thursday, October 23, 2014

EITHER YOU’RE THE BUTCHER OR YOU’RE THE CATTLE


Via comment by sj on UK Madness: Christian school told to have Muslim i...


I know many people have no interest in watching the boob tube because 99% of the programming is either mindless drivel or government sanctioned propaganda. It’s the 1% that reflects the deeper themes and moods engulfing our society. Television shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead reflect the darkening mood of this intensifying Fourth Turning. I wrote one of my more pessimistic articles called Welcome to Terminus in April regarding the season four finale of the Walking Dead series. I essentially argued we are approaching the end of the line and the world is going to get real nasty.

In the six short months since I wrote that depressing article, we’ve seen men beheaded on Youtube videos by terrorists no one had ever heard of at the beginning of this year. Somehow a ragtag band of 30,000 Muslim terrorists, using American military equipment supplied to fight Assad in Syria and taken from the Iraqi Army when they turned tail and ran away, have been able to defeat 600,000 Iraqi and Kurd fighters with air support from the vaunted U.S. Air Force. Syria, Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan descend into never ending religious based warfare. We’ve even had passenger planes mysteriously disappear in Asia with no trace.

6 comments:

  1. I watch the Walking Dead and I watched The Revolution and occasionally Falling Skies. No I'm not one inclined toward that kind of fiction that might be categorized as
    horror shows. Here is why I watch it. Even though I hate looking at the walkers in the Walking Dead and am turned off by the constant head bashing I realize that the "walkers" are simply a metaphor for whatever post apocalyptic force we might face and I think that is what the writers of the show intend. They can't write a show with ethnic groups from the cities over running farms with the aid of Obama's "Brown Shirts" so the use a fictional construct to depict the situation.

    I watch the shows because they make me think and consider situations and ways to deal with them. Again, I think that is the intent of the writers. CH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched them, but I imagine you may well be correct which is a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Do you watch The Walking Dead, Mr. Brock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Bob, but Dixie and I did see After Armageddon which we both thought well done.

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with CH. I never could watch zombie horror movies of any type and dont watch too much recent stuff ( kids like addams family and 50's horror movies)
    But this show is more about the living and survival. And what monsters will be unleashed when the facade of civilization collapses. Build your tribe.

    ReplyDelete