Monday, August 4, 2014

Veterans Benefits - Conference Report - Vote Agreed to (91-3, 6 Not Voting)


Man, this just made my day. My dental is 80 miles away. My Dermatolodigst and ENT doctors are 170 or 80 miles away.
 
The Senate voted to adopt the conference report on a bill that would provide for $10 billion in emergency spending for care at non-Veterans Affairs facilities and allow veterans to obtain health care at such facilities if they live more than 40 miles from a VA clinic or can't get an appointment at a VA clinic within 30 days. It would provide for $5 billion in spending for expedited authority to hire more doctors, nurses and other health care professionals and would authorize leases for the opening of 27 new VA health facilities. The bill is cleared for the president’s signature.

Sen. Richard Burr voted YES
Sen. Kay Hagan voted Not Voting

6 comments:

  1. That's great news - let's hope our PINO signs it forthwith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10 billion won't last long, but you know, as much waste as there is in the government, I bet they could close them all, farm us out and save money, but of course they would be howling.

      Delete
  2. Canada did that awhile back - my mom's best friend was a nurse with the VA hospital in Winnepeg. She thought it wasn't good for the veterans because of their "special needs." I think you are right though - farm it all out to the private sector -- most the care needed is outpatient. But it's all going to hit the fan because of Obamacare - there won't be enough providers and it's going to be a horrible mess ... then again if half of us die from Ebola, then there's more room at the inn.
    Wonder why Hagan didn't vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder why Hagan didn't vote.

      I wondered the same thing too as I'm sure she was able to do so.

      Delete
  3. The bastard probably will not sign it.

    Use it for leverage for the poor illegals.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 91-3, he'll probably be advised to sign it. Get an appointment within 30 days? Surely, they jest. Fat chance. I was too sick to drive the 180 miles to the VA in Durham one time, so the nurse told me to take an ambulance! :) Idiot. I said, I'll find something cheaper. So I went to the local doctor who charged me $180, but the VA wouldn't pay it although an ambulance round trip would have been $1,600..........Can't make this crap up.

      Delete