Monday, August 18, 2014

Second family says Petersburg Police went too far


It used to be such a nice town.

Another family has come forward claiming Petersburg Police came on their front porch and tried to stop them from shooting video of arrests happening right in front of their home.

The family reached out to the On Your Side Investigators and shared dramatic cell phone video. The incident led to a violent confrontation.

Cell phone video shows JaQuan Fisher, 17, standing on his own front porch recording the arrests happening on Rome Street. In the video, an officer is heard saying, "Unless you want me to take your phone from you," before there is a struggle and video goes to black.

"I was right here. I pulled out my phone," JaQuan said, pointing to where he was standing.
Petersburg Police had just busted several people at a home next door. They were handcuffing the suspects in front of Fisher's home. He walked out onto the porch and his cousin—who was one of the people being arrested--yelled, "Start recording."

"[The officer] came off the porch and said, 'You want me to take your phone?'" Fisher said. "I put my phone in my pocket and then when he tried to take my phone, I guess he thought he was going to get my phone and he shoved me. I shoved him back."

More @ NBC

3 comments:

  1. How many times does a court have to rule that cops have NO expectation of privacy while performing their duty in the public eye?

    Why won't the attorneys for the police depts. pass on the memo that it's now illegal to stop people from recording them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple solution, stop policing black areas. It's painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that blacks don't want policing.

    ReplyDelete