Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NC Sheriff: 'You better be able to take care of business before we get there'


Shootings and killings barely make the news in major American cities, but in a rural county outside of Raleigh, North Carolina, residents are alarmed by a recent wave of violent crime and they’re looking for answers from their sheriff.

Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins didn’t hesitate to give a straight answer. When called upon at a prayer vigil Monday night, he urged them to get armed and get serious about defending their homes.

“Even though I’m a cop, I don’t go anywhere without a gun,” he told about 130 residents who gathered at a local church to discuss and pray about a string of shootings that have left several people dead or injured over the past two weeks. “I want my deputies to get there just as fast as they possibly can if you’ve got a problem. But you better be able to take care of business before we get there if you need to protect your family.”

More @ WND

3 comments:

  1. “Even though I’m a cop, I don’t go anywhere without a gun,”

    Should be...

    "BECAUSE I am a cop, I can go anywhere with a gun". Special privilege. Nationwide.

    ReplyDelete