Thursday, August 21, 2014

"I dare ISIS to come South and bring your brand of sharia to North Carolina or South Carolina. I dare you."

Via WRSA

 Allegiance: A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant waves an ISIS flag in Raqqa

A different view of the man.

Journalist James Foley (he corresponded with me as Jim) has been beheaded by ISIS.  I choose not to remember him from the recent photographs, but as the wonderful young man he was.  As a note to ISIS, I don’t believe a word he had to say while under duress.  I knew him better than you did.  You wasted your time with his confessions, or charges, or whatever you forced him to say.

We first corresponded during my blogging on the war in Afghanistan.  I initiated the conversations with him, but he was very warm in his effusive praise and kindness towards me.  He worked primarily for the Global Post, but did a good bit of embedded independent work.  He was in Kandahar at the time, and politely recommended that I link his blog, A World Of Troubles, which redirects now to Free James Foley.

Jim was kidnapped in Libya early in 2011.  I had also made significant use of his fantastic work in The Five Hundred Meter War.  The U.S. Army later contacted me wanting the rights to use this video in training and analysis, and I directed them to Jim who (I hope) made some money from the work.  He told me that he would gladly sell the rights for a small fee.

I have since reconsidered my position on long distance warfare, and concluded that it isn’t necessarily that the 5.56 mm round is all that ineffective at long distances, but that based on subsequent conversations with various officers, no one (Army or Marine Corps) teaches their men to shoot uphill.  All of their ranges are flat.  Then again, the 5.56 mm round does tend to yaw in flight, which causes problems at long distances.  But Travis Haley has shown us that the 5.56 mm can be effective to beyond 500 yards, and my son qualified at 500 yards as a Marine.

16 comments:

  1. Very good article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like this threat is falling on deaf ears. Let's look at some of the recent progress in SC or NC:

    http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/?s=South+Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is, the regime in D.C. and the democrat/communist party considers Veterans, patriots, Tea party types, III %'S, conservatives and generally anyone who loves this country and the constitution to be the real enemy. A regime that would protect invading illegal aliens over its own citizens tells us everything we need to know. Allen West is right, Obama is an Islamist.
    C.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allen West is right, Obama is an Islamist.

      Hell, yes.

      Delete
  4. The most critical point was glossed over. This ongoing debate over which caliber is better, is boring.
    Absolute bottom line: There are plenty of bad guys, (think target very rich enviorment) , who need to be made dead, RFN. And the more of them that are made dead the better off the rest of humanity will be. Kill them all, every last one of them and Let God sort them out. Do it Terminator style; No mercy, without remorse, Fully focus, unstoppable until every last one of them is dead.
    I would do unto them what they would do unto us:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to tell y'all this but the rag heads are already here, More than you can shake a stick at. They are in every part of the state and the largest mosque is just outside Cary.
    http://greenvillencmasjid.org
    http://www.magicyellow.com/category/mosques/-state_nc.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brock, I bet that coexist sticker looks fabulous on your car.

      ISIS is islam the same islam that your local rag-heads believe.

      Delete
    2. You don't see it as a clash of cultures ? It only involves ISIS ?

      Delete
    3. Brock, I bet that coexist sticker looks fabulous on your car.

      :) Actually, I do have one: http://tinyurl.com/movk4t8 which is on top of: http://tinyurl.com/msderld and I assume you appreciate both. :)

      Delete
    4. You don't see it as a clash of cultures ? It only involves ISIS ?

      You are correct and it is a clash, but the article seemed to only be talking about the fighting side, though I am sure they may be some of those around. Too bad we can't have the kind of 'clash' as we had with the Vietnamese. :)

      Saigon Travel Bureau
      http://tinyurl.com/o6jbwug

      Delete
  6. Brock, you got me with: http://tinyurl.com/movk4t8 . I too will now be supporting a coexist sticker. That was a total surprise, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Certainly. When I first saw it, I thought it was one of a kind and was happy to see them mass produced.

      Delete