Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Female Campus Carry Advocate and Dartmouth Student Details Stalking: "They Found a Rape Kit in His Car"


Of course, the college turned her down.

Yesterday Students for Concealed Carry held their annual conference in Washington D.C. One of the panels during the conference featured women who have been stalked unrelentingly by violent and dangerous men.

One of those panelists was Dartmouth Student Taylor Woolrich, who detailed her long battle against a man who began stalking her after she served him a cup of coffee at a shop she worked in. The man was 40 years older than her and wouldn't leave her alone.

"Eventually it all came to a climax when he attacked, well attempted to attack my then boyfriend in high school when I was 17-years-old and told him he should never speak to me again and threw hot coffee in his face. I got an emergency restraining order.

More @ Townhall

11 comments:

  1. Seems to me the girlie needs to make a decision. Which is worth more to her, her fancy , no doubt overpriced Ivy League education, or her life. Quit the school, and demand a complete refund of all funds paid, then go find a gun store, and make a purchase. Shoot the stalker, and move on. Or just carry anyway.
    Jesse in DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be pursuing a trade, which is what I advocate these days as well as, don't even think about going into today's military.

      Delete
    2. I am advocating the same thing for the kids in my family.

      College is a scam - perpetrated by those who were scammed. (I got scammed, too)

      My son-in-law is dead set on going back into the military as an officer. Not much I can do to stop him right now. He took and passed the OCS test for the Navy with an above average score which qualified him for flight school. I reckon I'd be pretty excited if it were me - the prospect of learning to fly on Uncle Sugar's dime, and get paid for it.

      As for the girl, doesn't she have a Daddy to hunt down and eliminate the stalker? I know if it were my daughter.......

      Delete
    3. doesn't she have a Daddy to hunt down and eliminate the stalker?

      Didn't think of that for some reason, but you're right. I have five daughters and once told a boy I would kill him if he ever did anything improper. Never saw him again.

      Delete
    4. I always had a rule for my girls that any boy who wanted to go out with them had to come meet me first. That kept a lot of them away.

      Delete
    5. There was no question about that the way I was raised.

      Delete
  2. Is she legally old enough to purchase a pistol and obtain a ccw. Lots of hoops here for someone who is an obvious target of a nut job. Especialy for something which should be (without question) our God given right to defend ourselves. Keep fighting Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our God given right to defend ourselves.

      Absolutely.

      Delete
  3. " I got an emergency restraining order."

    A Piece of paper does not protect you from being attacked. Learned helplessness.

    -sj


    ReplyDelete
  4. Restraining orders should be issued with a pistol and bullet proof vest. We all know that piece of paper wont stop a bullet or a knife blade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restraining orders should be issued with a pistol and bullet proof vest.

      Just publishing that would make them think twice.

      Delete