Monday, August 18, 2014

Dated: Biloxi, Mississippi I-10 Car Crashes Into Semi, Explosion


A car t-bones a semi truck on I10 near Biloxi, Mississippi. The car struck the fuel tank of the semi causing a large fire ball. The doors of the car were jammed shut and the driver suffering a broken leg could not exit the vehicle. Luckily my father had a fire extinguisher on hand to fight back the flames and give enough time to pull the driver and her 1 year old granddaughter out of the flaming vehicle.

Once the passengers are free from the vehicle the flames rapidly grow in strength consuming the vehicle. Thankfully my father had the presence of mind, bravery, and forethought of carrying a fire extinguisher, to be the first person on scene to risk his own life in order to possibly save another and to inspire others and lead them into taking action. Everyone involved in the rescue effort is a hero in my books. The police and fire department responded within minutes of the accident and also deserve praise.

6 comments:

  1. Just a guess, but I'm thinking some asshole, merging onto the highway too fast without yielding to traffic ALREADY on the highway, clipped the car and sent it spinning into the big rig.

    I see it everyday...jerks who don't know how to merge/yield as the rules of the road state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm sure you've seen a lot. Any bad experiences for you?

      Delete
  2. No crashes luckily, but I've ridden an idiot or two down the shoulder quite a ways when I had no place else to go.

    The best one was the time I rode a clueless Buckeye witch into a snow bank!

    I'll move over when I can do it safely, but Homie ain't lockin' up the binders on snow or takin' it to the ditch for no foos!

    Word up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be just a crotchety old fart but, in the 2 mins 30 sec after the cop arrived on scene, he never went to check on the victims. After retiring with 32 yrs of public safety, that was just un-frigging real!! I'm sorry, I wasn't trained that way.

    ReplyDelete