Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Are you armed? 'Knockout' thugs begin checking

 http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DSCN2574-390x292.jpg

The “knockout game” has become a nationwide menace in which roaming mobs  randomly select victims and without warning hit them as hard as they can in an attempt to knock them out.
But there’s a new twist now, with attackers checking their victims first to find out whether they are armed.

The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville reported a witness called police claiming she saw a male juvenile punch a man in the face, “apparently without provocation.”

The victim, who told police he believed the boys were playing the knockout game, said  one of the boys approached him and asked if he had a “Glock.” The man was punched after admitting he was unarmed, the paper said.

Four juveniles were arrested.

But the report said the victim wised up quickly.

“Fearing that the boy would continue to hit him until he was unconscious, the man grabbed at a folding knife that he had tucked into his waistband and pretended to have a gun. The boys fled, and the man enlisted the help of his neighbor to search for the boys.”

More @ WND

5 comments:

  1. Why would anyone admit to that??? At the very least, I would say "You don't want to find out." Am I wrong about that? Or just ignore them, but don't turn your back to them until they have left your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You don't want to find out.

      Precisely, as you back carefully away inserting your hand on you gun.

      Delete
  2. EXACT words I was thinking except I probably would have finished the sentence with something like A$$hole. I'm convinced that a business partner and I were about to
    get rolled at the entrance to a parking garage at underground Atlanta. As the two of us approached the two thugs walking our way I kept changing our direction slightly and every time I did the two thugs changed direction to be on a collision course with us. My friend was talking and was not even aware what was happening. As we got very close to the thugs I reached in my pocket and opened my Uncle Henry inside my pocket and stared directly into the biggest thugs eyes with as steel cold a stare as I could muster and they passed us on by. CH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read an article before which mentioned that even if you are unarmed, (stupid right there) if you sense something like you did, simply flip open the back of your shirt or something similar and they will assume you are armed and fore-go whatever they are planning.

      Delete
    2. Anon. I hope you educated your friend about situational awareness. The world we now inhabit-FUSA no longer has the rule of law. Adapt or perish.

      Delete