Thursday, June 19, 2014

Vermont Clerk Who Defended Himself From An Armed Robber Will Likely Be Fired

Surveillance footage of the knife-wielding robber.

A convenience store clerk in Rutland, Vermont pulled a .380 pistol in response to an armed robber pulling a knife on him, and will likely be fired for carrying a handgun on company property.

Frankly, Don Pitaniello doesn’t seem to mind his potential firing all that much. It seems that he’d rather be armed and alive and looking for a new job that be just another potential victim:

“I knew his intentions as soon as he came in,” Pitaniello said. “When he told me to empty the register, I cocked my head and said ‘Really?’”

More @ Bearing Arms

2 comments:

  1. As I see it, the company did that guy a favor by firing him. I would not want to work for any company that considers me expendable, and does not give a damn if one is murdered while on the job. There are things worth dying for, but political correctness, or a company policy designed to shield them from law suits is NOT one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. political correctness, or a company policy designed to shield them from law suits is NOT one of them.

      Amen.

      Delete