Friday, June 13, 2014

Fly, Kill ‘Em & Eat ‘Em

Roundabout via Cousin Colby

Fly Kill Em & Eat Em1 Fly Kill Em & Eat Em2

This came from a gentleman who runs a 2,000-acre corn farm up around Barron, WI, not far from Oshkosh. He used to fly F-4Es and F-16s for the Guard and participated in the first Gulf War.

His story:

I went out to plant corn for a bit, to finish a field before tomorrow morning and witnessed The Great Battle. A golden eagle — big, with about a six-foot wingspan – flew right in front of the tractor. It was being chased by three crows that were continually dive bombing it and pecking at it. The crows do this because the eagles rob their nests when they find them.

6 comments:

  1. I always watch the crows - they always let me know when the chicken hawks are about.
    Great, fearless birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are smart. Just today I thought I'm going to start shooting the crows with my BB gun every time they go to the bird feeder or bird bath as they hog them and all the beautiful birds we have here, and there are many, are chased away at times. Well, I got to shoot one and that was it as every time I even approach the sliding door they take off. :)

      Delete
    2. Crows learn fast! Bluejays are like that, too. Amazing critters!

      Delete
    3. :) I like Bluebirds as the jays are mean.

      Delete
  2. Makes one wonder how many militia units will adopt the name of that species. I know of one that already has.

    ReplyDelete