Saturday, April 19, 2014

Released Army ranger: Remember imprisoned colleagues: 'Leavenworth 10' seen as 'victims of untenable rules of engagement'


Released on parole after serving five years at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Ft. Leavenworth for killing an al-Qaida terrorist, Army Ranger Michael Behenna doesn’t want the nation to forget the nine military service members with similar stories who remain at the Kansas penitentiary.

In an interview Thursday with Michael Savage, who called Behenna “an American hero unfairly charged and convicted,” the former first lieutenant noted he was among what activists call “The Leavenworth 10,” soldiers or Marines incarcerated at Ft. Leavenworth for killing members of al-Qaida or Iraqi insurgents.

Savage told Behenna: “You’re such a soldier, you don’t want to leave anyone behind.”

The website for “The Leavenworth 10,” who are serving from 10 to 40 years in prison, says “they and their families have fallen victim to the untenable Rules of Engagement, demoralizing ‘Catch and Release’ policies, and climate of political correctness that govern our troops’ actions while trying to survive a combat zone.”

More @ WND

8 comments:

  1. I was so glad that Savage picked up on the travesty that befell Behenna and his men. The suicidal ROE are for what again??? Winning the hearts & minds BEFORE the 'Enemy that shall not be Named' is thoroughly defeated??? Naw that might hurt some feelings. I understand why young people still want to enlist in the service, but I would do all I could to discourage it.
    Have you seen the movie, 'The Beast' - it's about the Soviet military occupation of Afghanistan in 1981 - after seeing that movie I was amazed that our Govt. would get us into a prolonged no-win land war over there ... then I remembered at least one reason why Tillman got fragged (IMO) - he was vocally angry that soldiers' lives were lost to keep that opium flowing...follow the $$$$$$$$$$$...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do all I could to discourage it.

      Amen. Here's one you might appreciate.

      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-am-now-ex-marine.html

      Delete
  2. Well, there you go - I guess if I am out in right field, I am not alone )

    Money Line: "After informing the sergeant that it seemed to me that our military was building a mercenary force of illegal aliens while rejecting native-born Americans in order to have a ready force to turn, without question, on American citizens..."

    That's it in a nutshell - the Powers-that-be know that most our military will not turn on American citizens on American soil, so bring on the felons, the illegals, and worst of all the paid mercenaries. Didn't we read that foreign mercenaries were involved in the Cliven Ranch occupation forces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Do you have the link for the Money Line story. I didn't find it.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry I confused you - I just call something that brings it all home as the "money line" - should have put it in quotes - this is a direct quote from Gene Andrews in the 'I am now an ex-marine' letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read it for the first time tonight - very moving indeed.

    ReplyDelete