Wednesday, April 9, 2014

But One Life To Give

 http://cmsimg.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=G3&Date=20140406&Category=DVTONLINE01&ArtNo=304070002&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Federal-officials-Bundy-confrontation-ends-arrest

As most readers know, Connecticut Citizen's Defense League (CCDL) held a rally on Saturday in defense of the Second Amendment and in opposition to Public Act 13-3 (assault weapons ban-a misnomer as it is). By all accounts it was well-attended by a largely armed citizenry with no incidents, as one would expect.

In a recent post I encouraged attendance by all who could make it, especially those in other states in close proximity to Connecticut to show support. With or without my encouragement, they did as I suspected they would and many different states were represented. This is the sort of support it will take to drive home the message to every legislature that attempts to pass such arbitrary and illegal laws will be resisted with mutual support.

It has come to my attention that some felt that I would be at this rally due to my wholehearted support and several posts in which I encouraged attendance. My pledge to go to Connecticut was not to attend this rally, but to the greater prospect of government action against gun owners. I sent an email to several trusted folks with that exact intent. I apologize if some got the wrong impression of my intentions, or that I did not make myself clear on my pledge, which stands today, but not just for Connecticut.

Right now, in Nevada another storm is brewing with rancher Cliven Bundy.

2 comments:

  1. What's going on in Nevada is criminal and all govt officials involved need to be tried and immediately executed for treason- period. It's pretty sick. Drug cartels have "carta Blanche " access into the United States and the citizens are prey of the fed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drug cartels have "carta Blanche " access into the United States and the citizens are prey of the fed.

      Insane.

      Delete