Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ben Carson: White House wanted apology for ‘offending’ Obama

WASHINGTON - JUNE 19:  U.S. President George W. Bush (R) presents a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Benjamin S. Carson, Sr. M.D (L), for his work withneurological disorders during an East Room ceremony June 19, 2008 at the White House in Washington, DC.  The medal is the nation

How about Obama apologize for his attempted commie takeover?  They always ask for speeches in advance so they can PC them, but Carson only speaks off-hand and that is why they were caught flat footed. 

Neurosurgeon Ben Carson says the White House wanted him to apologize for “offending” President Obama after he famously delivered a conservative message at the National Prayer Breakfast last year.
Carson, the former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, recalls the events surrounding his 2013 speech in his new book, One Nation: What We Can All Do To Save America’s Future. The Daily Caller obtained an advance copy of the book, which is set for release May 20.

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson writes of Obama, “but within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

More @ Daily Caller

8 comments:

  1. My kingdom for a graphic of the actual White House building with a cartoon bubble demanding an apology from Carson - He is such a classy guy just musing over this. Don't you just love his smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of my childhood friend, Johnny.

      "You Can't Play With Johnny Anymore"
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=241&highlight=johnny
      My best friend and playmate where I grew up, Marshall, Virginia (Salem during the War) was Johnny White.

      His parents, Pearl (for his bright white teeth) and Rosa worked for an elderly, bed-ridden lady in town who my mother would visit often with me tagging along. Pearl and Rosa were wonderful, and I spent many years in their kitchen and backyard playing with Johnny. As was the Southern tradition, this was permissable as long as one was young, but at a certain age, it was frowned upon. I will never forget the day when my mother said, "Brock, you can't play with Johnny anymore." I was stunned and asked why, but was only told that it wasn't proper anymore because of my age.

      As I remember, Pearl died when I was in the army, but I went to see Rosa many years later, and talked to Johnny on the phone, who had become quite a success.
      I have often thought that "You Can't Play With Johnny Anymore" would be a wonder title for a book of my childhood in Marshall, population 600, if I could only get around to writing it!

      Delete
    2. That would make a wonderful book, Brock - a children's short story with cool illustrations. Think about how many children's books get to tell the real story...with an Epilogue of what happened to everybody.

      Delete
    3. Damn, I've never thought of that. That might be something I would actually get down, maybe with your help! :) I remember I found a book my father started which was supposed to be fiction, but you could tell immediately that it was concerning my mother and her parents. The part he wrote was excellent as my sister stated when I sent it her, but he didn't get far. :) Too bad.

      Delete
    4. I would love to help you - you have some really good stories to tell, and from a child's point of view, man, just think of the possibilities - that was on my plan list for retirement, writing some little books for children, because as you may have noticed, a lot of the kids lit is just crap propaganda social engineering dumb-down anti-virtue baloney. I have great ideas, but need a cattle prod apparently to accomplish much (heads up to you ;)

      Delete
    5. From what I understood from friends who were in the Vietnam war, that experience did a lot to break down some racial barriers - the young men could not accept their parents' prejudices after living and dying next to each other over there far far away. Don't want to make any sweeping generations...

      Delete
    6. need a cattle prod

      Me too. :)

      ==========

      My family has always been close to the blacks we associated with.

      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-black-north-carolina-kinfolk.html

      Delete
  2. How does Obama talk without his face and skin cracking - not sure it's thin enough...

    ReplyDelete