Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My skin is black. But apparently black skin isn’t black enough.

Via WiscoDave
 
"My skin is black. But apparently black skin isn’t black enough. My jet-black hair is fashioned in locks, but I guess natural black hair is not enough. My lips are full, my nose is wide, my mouth protrudes, and my dress size? Full. But, for some reason, that is not enough! My mother? Black. My father? Black. My children? Black. My husband? Black . . and fine! So, why is my blackness in question?

I will give you a clue. During all the years I voted as a Democrat, I was considered blacker than black. I had been considered a “sista,” down for the struggle. My skin, my hair, my lips . . . black, black, black! My blackness was undeniable!

But, after I realized that I preferred a Republican and Conservative form of government, and began voting as a Republican (denouncing my allegiance to the Democratic Party, the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, and segregation), my blackness came under attack."
 


2 comments:

  1. neither the fascists nor the communists care for 'free thinkers'. please, carry on unfettered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carry on unfettered!

      Nothing to see here.........:)

      Delete