Tuesday, March 4, 2014

18-Year-Old Sues Parents for Support After Moving Out

 

Her father needs to take this idiot who is funding the lawsuit behind the barn for starters.

An 18-year-old senior in New Jersey is now suing her parents for immediate financial support and trying to force them to pay for her college education. Rachel Canning, the daughter of a retired Lincoln Park police chief, is living with the family of her best friend. The teen had it declared in court that she is nonemancipated and dependent on her parents financially.

Sean and Elizabeth Canning, Rachel’s parents, have not paid an $5,306 Morris Catholic tuition bill, and Rachel’s suit wants them to be pay the bill, pay her living and transportation expenses, and create a college fund for her.  Rachel states in her court papers, “My parents have rationalized their actions by blaming me for not following their rules. They stopped paying my high school tuition to punish the school and me and have redirected my college fund, indicating their refusal to afford me an education as a punishment.”


More with video @  Breitbart

7 comments:

  1. This is what a spoiled brat looks like. Quite a reflection on her former doting parents, aye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, baby cakes, here is the Golden Rule that you may not have heard before but it is there never the less: Golden Rule- He who has the gold, makes the rules. Sorry little darling, you can NOT have it both ways; you do not get to pick and choose when you want to play I'm a big girl (adult) and do what ever I want to to do, then play poor poor pitiful me, I need my mommy and daddy to take care of me (aka just give me the money and then shut up) . Once you turn 18, you are an adult. Your parents have zero obligation to shield you from the consequences of your own stupidity and hubris. Sorry (not), If you want their money, you have to play by their rules. If you dont want to abide by their rules then paying for school is now your responsibilty. If you were my kid I'd tell you, to get a job or join the military if you want money. And hell will freeze over first before you get another dollar from me, but here's a quarter, call some one who cares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely. The liberals did a great job teaching her in publix skool.

      Delete
  3. bad part is a judge will rule in her favor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously he shouldn't, as she is 18.

      Delete
    2. Judge rejects financial support requests by New Jersey teen suing parents
      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/05/new-jersey-teen-sues-parents-for-support-claiming-was-kicked-out-home/

      Delete