Monday, February 24, 2014

Ammo: How Much Is Enough When Carrying for Self Defense?

 Handgun Ammo

When I get down to 1,000 rounds of any caliber, I consider myself out of ammo for that caliber.
However, that’s not what I’m talking about here. When carrying a gun for self-defense, how much ammo should you carry on you? How much is enough? How much is too much?

Let’s start with the easy question first. If you ever find yourself in a self-defense situation, you’ll quickly realize that you can never have too much spare ammunition.

More @ Ammo Land

4 comments:

  1. If you mean on your person, day-to-day, I am not sure. I supose it depends on the person and the circumstances. But generally speaking. A firearm is a tool, and ammo is a part of your tools. Ergo, you can not have too much ammo, as in you can not have too many tools. Can a guy have too many tools? Nah. However, should it come to pass that you spent the mortgage money on ammo, and the wife/girlfriend is very PO'd at you for having done so, you may want to reconsider that decision. Hint she says "bless your heart", dude you ARE in trouble deep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hint she says "bless your heart", dude you ARE in trouble deep

      :)!

      Delete
  2. Custer's men had 20 rounds on their belt and 20 rounds in their saddle bags. Crazy Horse and Gall's men first pin cushioned the horses and later retrieved the 45-70 carbine rounds. 20 rounds doesn't sound like much. When armed with my 1911 I carry a minimum of 5 loaded magazines, 7 rounds each and one in the chamber and that's just when I'm on my own property. Out and about I carry more.
    Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40 rounds? They're lucky they lasted as long as they did.

      Delete