Monday, January 27, 2014

I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands And Kids And I’m Not Sorry

 Shutterstock
 I tried to find a picture of her, but to no avail.

Every time I hear someone say that feminism is about validating every choice a woman makes I have to fight back vomit.

Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself? There’s no way those two things are the same. It’s hard for me to believe it’s not just verbally placating these people so they don’t get in trouble with the mommy bloggers.

Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if it’s a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These aren’t accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And here’s the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you talk like this. You have me convinced that you will never marry and/or reproduce, and for that, myself and many others will be eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth? :) Wish I could find a picture of her.

      Delete
  2. Aren't we relieved not having to pay for her abortion or have her spawn running around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hateful, bitter, narrow-minded woman. Another fine example of collectivist "tolerance."
    It is possible to decide--for any of a variety of reasons--not to have children while still acknowledging the vitally important, demanding, and difficult job full-time mothers do. If nothing else, simple decency and respect for others would seem to demand such.

    ReplyDelete