Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I have learned that violence must be met with violence.

Via WiscoDave


I have learned through hard experience that I can fight, and that I can win. I can also lose, and so I take steps to minimize that risk. Part of that is the carry of a weapon. The gun is an extension of who I am. It is the tool of my identity. It is the symbol and the instrument of my personal inclination to face whatever comes.

The basic duty of man is the responsible application of violence to counter the less responsible. It is who I am, who we are. Because there comes a time when philosophizing is counter-productive. When the wolf comes, will you contemplate his true nature, try to reason? Or will you put him down?”

–TTAG commentator Tarrou underneath Quote of the Day: Self Awareness Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment