Sunday, November 17, 2013

Texas A&M law prof says it’s time to repeal Second Amendment

 CALL TO ARMS: Texas A&M law prof says it’s time to repeal Second Amendment

Penrose also noted that she tells students in her constitutional law courses that the entire United States Constitution is an obsolete document.

“Why do we keep such an allegiance to a constitution that was driven by 18th Century concerns?” she asked, according to CTNewsJunkie. “How many of you recognize that the main concern of the 18th Century was a standing army? That’s what motivated the Second Amendment: fear of a standing army.”  (I guess brain-dead thinks we don't have the same concern today.)

12 comments:

  1. On the plus side, she is somewhat pro states' rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, my dearest Miss Violet, a haiku is 5, 7, 5

    I am thinking something like this:

    Treasonous woman
    Trying to steal Liberty
    To the gallows pole

    In Liberty,
    Israel
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! Rules, rules, more damn rules!
      Like I said, haiku is the algbra of poetry.......
      Now do something with heads on pikes. ;)
      Miss Violet

      Delete
  3. Vlad the Impaler
    Will look like a Fisher Price
    When I get my way

    My lawn is adorned
    Heads on pikes become my gnomes
    Liberty or death

    Those in suits and ties
    You die when my rattle stops
    Sound warning of truth


    In Liberty,
    Israel
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, that is what I like about III men, you ask for something and by golly, they step up and do it!
      ;-)
      Miss Violet

      Delete