Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Good Reason to Carry Concealed and Practice

 A Good Reason to Carry Concealed and Practice

Why do you carry concealed? This is a good reason, and a better reason to practice your shooting…

On Friday, 5 July 2013 I found out how important it is to have a “Standard” to your carry of a concealed firearm and just as important, maybe more, than the type of firearm that you carry, to practice with it and become thoroughly comfortable with it.  I have been carrying for 35 years and a shooter for over 45 years.

That Friday, my wife had gone into town (we have a small farm of 120 acres), UPS just dropped off a package and I went back into the Laundry room to continue my work in there.  A few minutes later I hear a truck pull into my circular drive and then someone loudly knocking on my door.  I thought it was the UPS man again that he may have another package that he forgot to drop off.  As I come out of the hallway into the Dining area I see my back door being held open by a stranger who is startled by my appearance and he is in the process of raising his right hand, and I notice a pistol in his hand.

More @ USA Carry

No comments:

Post a Comment