Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Suggestion on gnats for the Spring 2014 PATCON

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgbvvbvtVuQQAdyENasOK4z4U9qx_nG2II9cbwUuklaoU60xyLCEW070TPVoggT3uAbfbeKtfkmWdAjg0BEApI38VFFkYmyXKZX0CV0_GeXXzVzNhDQzQTk0LSm1vHe9dxOZcpxyDrze-LG/s1600/P1020285.JPG

Do we have a volunteer with a leaf blower? :)

Brock,

As I tell you after everyone of these events, I wish I had been there. Some day I'll make it if the flag doesn't go up first.

I have a suggestion for you on the gnats.   Next year right before the event take a leaf blower, get some garden dust like Sevin dust.  Start the blower, turn it upside down and trickle the dust into the air intake of the blower. You can blow that dust all up into the tree canopy and all over the yard in
just a matter of minutes.  Look for a product that will get the gnats. I don't know if Sevin will do it or not but I think it might. Make sure to wear protective clothing.  Maybe with your health issues
someone else could do it for you.

My point is that a leaf blower is the best garden dust applicator I've ever seen.  It's like the old hand crank blowers on turbocharged steroids.  Maybe not good to use if you have neighbors close by or around bee hives, etc. but it works well.

Charlie

4 comments:

  1. I should have added: Make sure to follow label directions.
    grins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaf blowers are also aces for getting and keeping a wet pile of slash burning in the fall or spring. ;-)
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey are you coming with yours....?:) By the way, I did get my hug.:)

      Delete