Monday, October 28, 2013

Photo: Checkpoint cops point guns at motorists

 
 Where is Mayberry?

Four law-enforcement officers were wounded Friday in a suburb of Sacramento, Calif., during an attempt to take a wanted gang member into custody.

The shooting occurred in Roseville, a suburb about 20 miles northeast of the state capital.

Helicopters circled overhead and armored vehicles and other police cars flocked to the area following an initial report that a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent had been shot.

A sporadic gun battle lasted into the night and the commotion snarled traffic for hours. Police responded by setting up a checkpoint and pointing guns at motorists, as this Associated Press photo shows.

More @ WND

4 comments:

  1. Roseville is and is surrounded by very upscale communities. I wonder what sort of gang is responsible here, and why they were able to put up such a battle. Further, why point an assault rifle at the face of a guy who clearly is not a threat. Recalling the overreaction of the LA police to their rogue cop recently, I certainly would not want a gun shoved in my face like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The driver doesn't look happy and I would have told him to get it out of my face. Little tyrant.

      Delete
  2. "Officer, I demand that you immediately get that gun out of my face and bring your commanding officer over here so that I can speak directly to him. I'm not leaving until I have a chance to speak to him, and for your information I'm recording every word of this conversation."

    ReplyDelete